DIY skin safe bath bombs

    DIY Skin Safe Bath Bombs
Bath bombs are pretty cool. So of course I wanted to make them myself. But, when I found some recipes, they all contained citric acid. Yeah, what in the world is that? I started to do some research because, why would I ever put something on my skin that has the word acid in it? Turns out, I was right, not good for your skin. So, I came up with this recipe that is completely safe for your skin. Lets get creating!

Materials:
The amount of materials really depends on the size of the bath bomb mold you are using. I'm using a regular bath bomb mold(a cylinder cut in half).
  • Bath bomb mold. Silicone molds, chocolate molds, or a plastic eggs all work if you do not have a bath bomb mold
  • 10 tbs baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp lusting powder(optional)
  • 2 tsp Epson salt 
  • 1 tsp coconut oil
  • bowl
  • something to mix with
  • spray bottle
  • lemon juice
  • water
  • essential oils
  • food coloring or soap dye(optional)
Step 1:
Take your spray bottle and fill it with a 1:1 ratio of lemon juice to water. Add your essential oils and food coloring/soap dye. Shake the bottle to mix everything.

Step 2:
Mix your baking soda, lusting powder, salt, and coconut oil in a bowl. Mix everything together.

Step 3:
Spray the baking soda mixture. Stir very fast. This makes sure the fizz stays in the bath bomb. Do this multiple times until the mixture keeps its shape like Kentic sand.

Step 4:
Pack your bath bomb mold. After every layer put in the mold cover it in a layer of coconut oil. This helps hold it together. If you are using a bath bomb mold, pack the sides so when you put them together, they stick to each other better.

Step 5:
Freeze your bath bomb for 2-3 hours or until hardened. 



Comments

Popular Posts