Painting on notebooks

      Painting on notebooks

Materials:
  • Notebook you don't care about
  • paint
  • paint brushes
  • pencil
  • painters tape,masking tape,or washi tape
  • Modge podge or Elmers glue
Step 1:
I started by taping off some areas I did not want to get paint on. I taped off the spine,and the sides of the notebook.

Step 2:
I painted the whole front of the notebook with black paint. In my experience with painting notebooks, the paint does not really like to stick to it,so you will probably find yourself doing multiple coats. 

Step 3:
After the black has dried, I sketched out the sunflower. I did 3 of them.

Step 4:
Then I painted the center of the sunflower. Whats that called? The pit? Anyway, to paint this I got a chocolaty brown and a very dark brown. I painted the dark drown right in the center of the pit type thing and added the lighter brown around it. Then I blended them together and added some texture.

Step 5:
Then I painted a light orangeish yellow on all the petals. This took me a couple coats to cover up the black in the back round. Tip: If the color is very transparent and is just barley showing up,add white to your paint.

Step 6:
After that dried, I added some shading. I just added a little more orange to the paint I cover the petals with. I kinda outlined the petal then blended it in.

Step 7:
Then I added even more orange to the shading color we just used. I added that to the out side of each petal. Then I blended that in.

Step 8:
Then I went in and cleaned things up a bit with some black paint.

Step 9:
Then I took off the tape and painted on the modge podge/Elmers glue to seal it.





Comments

Popular Posts