The crafter/artist gift guide 2020

 The crafter/artist gift guide 2020

The holidays are coming real soon. These ideas will help you come up with gifts to get the crafter or artist in your life. Disclamer: these are products I want or have that I would recomend to crafters and artisits. These are all my personal opinnions.


1. Skeatchbooks

Simple yet good gift. As someone who loves to draw, I fill up these left and right. Any artsit, no matter how picky, will be happy to recieve a new sketchbook. Personaly, I like the Reflexions( yes that is the correct spelling) brand. They are a smaller sized sketchbook which is nice so I can throw it in my bag. The paper is also decently thick. I dont know if this is just me, but I can never find a sketchbook with super thick paper without it being watercolor paper. This is the closest thing I could find.

 2. Ohuhu alcohol brush markers                              

These  markers are really good. They are a great comperisan to the copic brush markers. Except, they are at a reasonable price. The diffrence bettween these markers and Crayola markers is that these are alcohol based and the other brand is water based. Alcohol based markers give your drawing an even coverage coloring job. Water based markers dont do that. 







  Buy the Ohuhu Brush markers here!  

3. Pottery barn lap desk

Lap desks are great for the artist or crafter in your life. It is cheaper than a real desk. Lets be honest, we all love working from the coach while watching tv.

 

               

Buy the Pottery barn lap desk here!

4. Creative Options craft organizers

As a craft hoarder, I need a place too put my supplies and these containers are perfect to fit them. The organizer isnt too big which makes it easier to find a place to put them. 



 Buy the creative options organizer here!

5. Prismacolor colored pencils

These are my favorite colored pencils! I've done a couple Sparkle Spotlights on drawings I made with my prismacolors, so if you want to see what they can do, be sure to check those out! Anyway, they have a really nice smooth waxxy feeling that I havent felt from any other brand. They are a little pricey, but its worth it!

6. A tv streaming service

When I paint, I am ussally watching TV or listening to music. Since I dont have an actually TV in my garge, I always use my Ipad to watch TV. In order to do this, I need some sort of streaming app. My favorites to watch are Disney+ and Netflix. You can gift yearly subscriptions out as gifts.





7. An Ipad and Ipad pen
This is for all the digital artists. Ipads are awesome in so many ways! The Ipad and Ipad pen are great for creating digital art. Not only can you draw on this, you can use them to watch your streaming service while you are painting. There are other devices you can use for digital art, but, this is the most popular way.


For artists, we are constantly running out of canvases. The holidays are a great time to stock up!



                                          

9. Cricut Machine and the supplies 
I absoltly LOVE my cricut machine. It gives you a crisp factory quality cut that every crafter dreams of. If you are planning on getting the crafter in your life a cricut, you should also pick up some viynl. Viynl is one of the many things you can cut with your cricut. I love what I can do with viynl so I thought I would recomend this.





I hope you got some ideas! Happy holidays!

Comments

Popular Posts