DIY spotify plaques

DIY Spotify plaques

SO, these cute little Spotify music plaques have been EVERYWHERE lately. I've looked up how much these cost and they were like 15$, and I couldn't even find the exact one I wanted. I knew I could definitely make the same thing, even better, by myself with a couple dollars worth of supplies from the dollar store, and my handy dandy Circut. Well, lets get crafting!





Supplies:

  • 1 large picture frame(well be using the glass and NOT the outer part. You can get these at the dollar store and they are WAY cheaper than going to Joann's or another craft store.)
  • A picture of your song/album(I'm using the single cover of drivers license by the very talented Oliva Rodrigo but use whatever song/album you want)
  • Cricut machine
  • Cricut vinyl(I'll be using silver vinyl)
  • tape preferably clear
1. Print out your song cover thing using the Circut print then cut feature. I'm using the song Drivers license by Oliva Rodrigo. I am completely obsessed with that song right now, but who isn't? 


2. Finish the print then cut process and cut out the picture. I've never used this feature until I made this project and I found it to be very cool. It started doing this scanning thing which I didn't know the Cricut could do!

3. Cut out the scan code on to some vinyl.  This is optional, but I think it makes mine look a little cooler. Go to, the Spotify code website and put the link to the song you are making this for in the URL box. It will pop out to a screen with the code and options to customize it. Click the format box and change it to a SVG file so it will easily go into design space. Then down loud the file and put it into design space. I don't know if this was just for me, but some of the bars in the Spotify logo weren't there. Don't worry, they get cut out!

4. Cut out the play, pause, time bar part on to some vinyl. I found a free SVG online but you can make it your self I just wanted this to be an easier project.


5. You can also cut out the words like the song and artist but I didn't do this because I couldn't find the right font and it would bug me so I skipped this part but do it if you like!

6. Clean the glass. This part is pretty important because you don't want to trap any dust in when we put the sticky stuff on. You can wipe it with some Clorox wipes, eyeglass cleaner, or mirror detergent, what ever to take the dirt and dust away.

7. Tape you song photo to the back of the glass. You could tape it to the front but when I was making mine it looked better on the back.

8. Take your vinyl and put it on the frame. Make sure you flatten out all the air bubbles. You could use transfer tape to get this on but I only used it on the scan code because I don't really like transfer tape that much and I don't have much left so I wanted to save it for when I really need it. 



There you have it folks! You have your very own Spotify plague! Thanks for crafting with me today and as always, stay sparkly!

Comments

Popular Posts